Hello, internet people! I know you’re all dying to know how the second week of my clean eating challenge went, but I’ve got a surprise post today instead! (Don’t worry, the next clean eating post is coming within the week–promise).
I was tagged by my name twin, Amanda, from Anchored to Sunshine to participate in Love, Hate, Tag. In case you have no idea what that is (I sure didn’t!), let me explain: the rules are that if you’re tagged, you list 10 things you love, 10 things you hate (or strongly dislike–I don’t like the word hate!), and then tag 10 other bloggers to do the same. The idea is that it gives bloggers and internet goers alike the opportunity to get to know one another better. Sounds like fun, right?
Let’s see how long it takes me to get to a list of 10 for each!
1) Reading! As should be obvious from my blog’s most prominent series, Amanda Reads, I love books and reading!
2) Superhero movies. Back in the day, a lot of my posts were rants about films like Spiderman and X-Men. While my posts about these topics haven’t been as common in recent years as I focus on book blogging, you can still bet I’m in the theater every time a new Avengers or X-Men movie is released! Heck, I’m even going to see Ant Man!
3) Yoga. Those reading this may or may not know that I’m a bit of a yogini. This July, I’m going to go on my first ever yoga retreat, and I’m extremely excited!
4) The Mindy Project. I’ve been biting my nails every time this show is on the line for cancellation. Right now, I’m doing my 4th full watchthrough of all the seasons and eagerly anticipating new episodes. I often can be caught saying “Mindy Kaling” is my spirit animal. I really admire her and think her show is a brilliant mix of romantic comedy and strong female presence.
5) Food. Again, this probably isn’t that much of a shock, but I love to eat. Almost every time I take a relationship quiz on Buzzfeed, I end up “in an open relationship with pizza.” This couldn’t make me happier.
6) Cats. I’m kind of a cat lady in the making. While I only have one cat (his name is Artemis), I spend a lot of time talking to him when we’re home alone together and often refer to him as my “baby boy.”
7) Cincinnati. I know I’m biased because I’m Cincy born and raised, but I legitimately love this crazy city. I love Ohio because it’s such a great mix of people, and Cincinnati is the heart of it all in my humble opinion. That’s why I came back after going away to college! Go Reds!
8) Tutoring English. For those of you who know me in real life, this is probably a given. I currently work two different tutoring jobs, one of them my primary AmeriCorps position as a college bridge mentor and the other as an online writing tutor. Even though tutoring has its challenges, I absolutely love it! Reading papers really brings you closer to people, comma splices aside.
9) Learning new things. In true nerd form, I believe we should never stop learning. Currently, I’m taking a free online class to learn how to read Tarot cards just for fun. It’s been super interesting. Next up: astrology!
10) Sweatpants. Enough said. I wish I could lead my entire life in them.
Amanda Strongly Dislikes:
1) Slow walkers. UGH. Walk faster. Especially if you’re four wide.
2) Mean people. Yeah, hi. We’re all fighting our own battles, okay? Let’s not make it harder on everyone by being jerks.
3) Real pants. Again–why can’t I live my entire life in sweatpants?
4) Body negativity. If you ever want to see me go on a serious rant, make me flip through an [unamed] magazine full of glossy photoshopped and unrealistic beauty standards. Go ahead, ask me how to get a bikini body. I dare you.
5) Lemon glaze on pastries. I know this is weirdly specific, but I’ve been burned before. If I bite into a delicious blueberry muffin, there better not be horrible lemony death on it.
6) People who insist I must be unhappy being single. This is more of a societal thing than an individual level. I’m super busy and barely have time for sweatpants and pizza, let alone a man. No really–I’m okay. I like it this way, for now.
7) Country music. I just. No.
8) Small portions at restaurants. If I’m paying $10 for this, I better be gorged by the time I leave!
9) Running late. I’m NEVER late. Like, ever. Nothing gets me in a bad mood quite like when other people cause me to be late to things. I get punch a baby levels of angry about that.
10) Being hungry. Hanger is a serious illness and it happens to me daily. If it’s lunch time, you don’t want to be between me and food.
This is a little bit of a challenge since I’m not quite as steeped in the blogging community as I should be. I nominate (with no pressure whatsoever) the following people who are kind enough to be following me: