Hey, internet people! In case you hadn’t noticed, I’ve been trying to bring you content that’s a little easier to categorize lately, and part of that is coming up with different segments to publish, such as the Stuff to Obsess About and Me and My Food segments. Now I’m bringing you the latest installment in my blogging efforts: College Girl Tests Stuff (working title–suggestions appreciated). What’s going on here, you ask? It’s pretty simple, really.
When you’re a 20-something young adult getting ready to be (vaguely) independent, there is a WORLD of products being marketed at you that are supposed to make your life easier. Some of them work. Some of them don’t. But sometimes you don’t want to waste the money buying things or the time making things when you’re not sure they’re going to work. That’s where I come in–I’m going to start posting reviews of the different products I’ve tried to make my college life easier, from laundry detergents to recipes to DIY crafts I’ve found online.
Where do YOU come in? Aside from benefiting from my fearless efforts, I’d like you to let me know which things (within reason) you’d like me to try out. Am I going to buy a car and test drive it for you? No. Will I check out a facial scrub, hair dye, detergent, recipe, etc that you recommend? Heck yes I will!
I’ve got classes and a part time job, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have spare time to try new things and let you know how it goes. So let me know what you want to learn more about.
The first edition will be my review of Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets, a product I used my first two years of college. So, let’s get started (any comments on the format, helpfulness of the review, etc, would be greatly appreciated).
It’s in the name–Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets are intended to be a laundry detergent, dryer sheet, and fabric softener all in one. You just throw it in with your laundry and transfer it with it to the dryer. Sounds pretty simple, right?
Does it work?
The short answer–YES. I used it for my first two years of college to save time and effort and they definitely got my laundry clean and kept it from being overly stiff.
- Fast & easy, especially if you’ve never done laundry before.
- Pretty darn affordable, since you only buy one product to do the job.
- Saves space–nice flat box for storage can be stuck just about anywhere.
- I noticed my clothes were less soft with these than when I use traditional fabric softener.
- After I started using these, I found some weird spots (where the color was slightly darker than in other places) on my clothes. Not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong, but it’s worth mentioning.
- A little hard to find. I had to scour the aisle to find them, and could usually only find one scent. When you’re picky about smells like I am, that can be a little frustrating.